Friday, September 10, 2010

A sad week

Hello everyone,

Well what a week it has been in our city.  We were woken on Saturday morning to the violent shaking of the house along with the terrible sound like a freight train coming through the house.  Along with many Cantabrians we have been very fortunate not to have sustained any major damage. Our thoughts go out to those folks who have lost their homes or who have sustained a lot of damage.

For us the worst aspect of the day was the loss of a much loved grandmother from a massive heart attack early Saturday morning.  It has been a terrible shock to our family and we are very much still coming to terms with everything that has happened.

I hope that all who read this from Canterbury are doing ok and managing to cope with all the aftershocks.

Take care everyone
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, I came on here to thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, then read your post and see that you lost your grandmother...how very sad, I am so sorry to hear that. What a terribly shocking day for all of us, and even more so for you and your family :(

    We were very lucky not to sustain any damage to our home, and very little inside, just a vase fell onto a lamp - a 2m drop to the floor and didn't smash!

    I hope that you are as well as can be expected, you must be getting the final touches ready for the Culverden fete which is soon I think?

    I must say I was a little nervous about sending my kids in different directions this morning but got over it pretty quickly and felt some relief to be back to a 'normal' Monday!

    Anyway if I manage to get to the fete, I will be sure to come and say hello!

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails