Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The fete and other things

Hi All,

I have been so busy sewing for the Culverden Fete that I have not had time for a post.  I managed to get quite a bit of work done in the end but there were a few late nights.

My friend Pat and I travelled up the night before and met my Mum up there with her car full of stuff as well.  We set up the gazebo and all the shelves and tables.  Then off to the pub for a great meal and a couple of drinks.  They were well deserved!! Mum Pam tootled off home and Pat and I walked along the road to the B&B.  Such a lovely place to stay and the owners were very accomodating and great hosts.  We had a fantastic full cooked breakfast in the morning.  Yummy.  All set for the day, a short walk back into Culverden to be picked up by my inlaws and back to the fete.

It was an absolutely beautiful day and the shoppers came out in the truck loads.  A very steady busy day and following the pack up and a wee glass of wine, I drove away a happy little sewer!!!

So no it is onto the next one.  The Hunters Garden Marlborough Fete in Blenheim.  We take the whole family and stay with my sister so as well as making a few sales it is a fun weekend.

Apologies again for no photos.  I forgot to take my camera again!!!!  I will get some at Blenheim.  Promise.
So must go and sort out Molly with a bath.  she is home with the chicken pox.  Oh what fun.  Poor wee mite.

Need to try and get some work done to add to the stock.  Some things are quite low in numbers.  A good problem to have.


Happy happy day
Cheers

Kate

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, I was thinking about you yesterday an wondered how you got on at the Fete...I didn't make it as we were away last week in Rarotonga...shame I missed the fete but well you know, Raro wasn't too much of a hardship, lol.

    You are a naughty girl not taking photos! I was looking forward to seeing them so make sure you get a chance to next time please :)

    Was there anyone there selling stuff like mine - painted furniture and oilcloth-upholstered stuff?

    I haven't done any markets yet but would like to, just a wee bit scared to take that first step!

    Any advice you could give me would be very much appreciated. I think that it is lovely you can make a weekend of it with your family...a weekend away, the cost of which would be a legitimate business expense, including wine, lol, doesn't sound too bad to me!

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails