Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Time is flying buy........

Something we are all saying to ourselves and before we know it Christmas will be here.  I know,  I shouldn't say that!!!

So another successful fete has been completed.  Hunters Garden Marlborough Market Day in Blenheim has been and gone.  It was another beautiful sunny day and plenty of shoppers came out.  My family of helpers was in full force again.  On the day my husband and brother in law were up early with me and down to the market to set up.  Here they are......






After their compulsory coffee, they tootled off home and dropped my sister back down for the morning shift!!  What a great family.  Here's some pics of the stall all set up and ready for business...









in this photo is my spotty chair that I bought from the local recycling store, and resanded and recovered her.  She is up for sale but the more that day went on the more I kept thinking that I would just keep her.....


I am quite happy with how the stall is looking but still think some minor tweeking is needed!!!!  I can hear my husband cringe from here.

So one more fete before the end of the year.  Off on a massive journey to Southland.  One hour south of Queenstown.  More sewing in store to top up the stock pile (which is currently all stacked up in our bedroom  ahhhgh....).  Then I will be able to shop for some more fabric....... ahh bliss.

Right now though it is off to bed otherwise I will be dreadful getting up in the morning.  Although I might just take a sneak peek at my favourite blogs.....................


Happy happy days

Cheers
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, I just saw this blog post now, a month late sorry! I loved seeing photos of your stall, it looks beautiful. You sure put a lot of time and effort into making such gorgeous things!

    Well I have my first stall happening at the Rangiora St Josephs School fair in mid Feb, really looking forward to it but so much to be done befrehand, I have a vision in my head of how my stall will look, and I want it to be just perfect even though I know there will be lots more learnt at each one I do!

    I have been really busy with painting commissions but have now wound down for the year, just waiting on two orders of chairs to be finished so they can go to their new owners. I have 3 commission jobs for January already though, which I am very pleased about.

    Well, I hope that you and your family have a lovely Christmas and that you get some sort of break (well earned I am positive!) and that 2011 brings you many more successes in your business.

    take care
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails