Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oilcloth and an opening.......

So the day is finally here that I can show you photos of the showroom and let you know that as of Monday the 9th, we are open for business.  I will be open Mon - Fri 10am til 2pm.  I can also be open by appointment in the evenings and weekends.  Just drop me a line and we can arrange something.

The address is

Unit 3/301a Blenheim Road
Middleton
Christchurch

It is on the same side of Blenheim Road as The Warehouse and about 150m past, just after Hubbers.  Can be a little tricky to find as we are up the drive behind Speedy Signs.  Oh, so many directions but that should make it a little easier for you.  There is some parking by the workshop just park in the J B Mooar Builder spots (Mr Mooar won't mind!!). You can contact me if you have any questions about finding the place.

So that is all the necessary written bits.  Now for some pretty photos. Just before I show you those, remember  my bargain purchase from Trade Me of the Old Bar.  Well a bit of white paint, some red spotty fabric and fancy paper has really transformed it.  Here are the before pictures



I am sure you can spot the makeover in the showroom.  I still have a little bit of fluffing to do in the room....that is more about me being a little fussy of how things look!!!!!!!!!!!!!




















The other great news is that I have my oilcloth.  Brilliant.  It looks devine sitting in the corner of the showroom.  I am itching to get sewing with it.  Just to remind you it is for sale at $45/m and is 137cm wide.  I have also listed it in the online store here.  You can see all of the five colours, red dottyenglish rose in grey, powder blue deckchair stripe, retro floral in red, and taupe dotty.  Just gorgeous. 



On the home front.  We have had some fab weather in our fair city ( a bit of rain and cold too but we won't think about that.....) so the family has been in the garden.  Digging out the old and putting in the new.  The children were great helpers...in fact I think that I might have just got the job of taking the photos.  Although I did plant the lemon tree... very excited about my lemon tree.








Mr Mooar and I have just been to a friends wedding in Auckland.  It was rather special.  We were both pleased as punch to see our friend, the groom, so happy as he has had some tough times over the past 5 years.  I made a dress for the wedding.  The first dress I have ever made......Which did evoke some moments of 'what on earth was I thinking'.  But in the end I prevailed (as did my sanity and Mr Mooar's) and here is the end result...........




I have to say, I am quite proud of myself and Mr Mooar looks very handsome!

Just one more pic to show you.  Over Easter Mr Mooar and I were very busy tidying up and sorting the workshop....considering it was a tornado zone before it is looking so much better now.  Of course the children had to be there with us.  So to stop the boredom, Henry (with a bit of help from Liv)  decided to do a little bit of building craftmanship himself.  So he built his Dad a box with a lid (no photo sorry) and he built me this little car.......



Superb I say.  It has pride of place on the shop counter but it is not for sale.  A little good luck talisman.

So I look forward to seeing you all in the showroom/shop.  Tell all your friends too.

Happy Happy day
Kate

PS If you would like to come and see the showroom or purchase anything before the 9th, give me a call.  I will be in and out of there a bit so can arrange something with you.  Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails