Monday, July 12, 2010

What have I been up to.......

Hi everyone,

Well the school holidays have been keeping me busy with the 3 children at home.  They have actually been very good and not too many world wars have broken out!  They were very tired from a long school term.  So being in their pj's all morning in heaven to them.

I have been busy on the sewing front getting ready for the round of shows which start in the spring time. I have applied and am just waiting to hear if my applications are successful.  So I have made a whopping 68 peg bags!!  Gosh I really was over those by the time I was done.  A pic of about half of them.....




What has also kept me busy is my office chair redo.  Remember this......


The brown steel and the mustard brown covers are gone and now it looks like this......


What a huge difference and so styly!!   It was a bit of an effort to take off (so many staples......thankfully my husband came to the rescue... and whilst he was watching the All Black test. What a guy!!)and unpick the old seat covers as the fabric was starting to fray and the cotton quite brittle.  I needed to keep them together as much as possible to use as a pattern for the new covers.I ended up being up way too late making the spotty covers because I got so excited about it.  I am still thinking that I may paint the black wheels and knobs but it will have to wait for now.  I have other projects and sewing that I need to get onto.  Any hoo I am super pleased with it.  Now I just have to get the rest of my office looking as sharp.  It is a tornado zone at the moment! 

Must away and get some work done.  The heater should have warmed up my office now.  It is freezing here this morning because of a very heavy frost.

Have a happy happy day

Cheers

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails